Luna

Wrapped up to move from Portuguese Cove to Chester, where the restoration will continue (and hopefully be completed!)

Here's one of the five spinnakers. Radial cut, seems to be in pretty good shape.

Here's the 150% drifter, it's a loose-luffed, wire-luffed, large, light air sail. I expect I'll try this out in lieu of an asymmetrical for the time being - hopefully between this and the 95% genoa I'll be able to keep going in a goodly variety of winds.

Here's the 95% genoa. It's in pretty good shape, has a reef point (although I don't know if it would be usable while deployed on a foil), and will be my "on the furler" jib for the first year we use the boat, I expect.

Here's the one mainsail that doesn't look too bad. It's a North Sails, is 34 on the luff and 10.5 on the foot. Doesn't seem to have any mouse damage, and although it's a little on the light side, it'll do for now.

The head without the standpipe. Can't really tell from this picture, but it makes the rather small space a little larger with it gone.

Decks are clear - time to repair, then prep for paint!

Now the traveller's off, the sea hood can come off. Turns out that the traveller is held down to the two fiberglass towers (3 bolts each), two brackets (one showing), and the sea hood. Seems odd to me that it's attached to the sea hood, but there you go. The sea hood is held in place by the two brackets and a series of screws around it's base. Guess it's enough!

Thanks to all who recommended PB Blaster and an impact driver! Job done.

Phew! The traveller is off!

Cockpit forward. These pictures are just before removing the hardware to make sure I know how it was originally.

Cockpit floor. These pictures are just before removing the hardware to make sure I know how it was originally.

Port cockpit aft. These pictures are just before removing the hardware to make sure I know how it was originally.

Port cockpit forward. These pictures are just before removing the hardware to make sure I know how it was originally.

Cabin top aft. These pictures are just before removing the hardware to make sure I know how it was originally.

Aft of centre hatch. These pictures are just before removing the hardware to make sure I know how it was originally.

Around the mast. These pictures are just before removing the hardware to make sure I know how it was originally.

Area around the mast. These pictures are just before removing the hardware to make sure I know how it was originally.

Cabin top from foredeck. These pictures are to make sure I know where things go back when that time arrives.

Windows out - what'll go back in?

Here's the rising moon behind Luna, this time taken without the flash so the camera compensates with a much larger aperture and longer shutter time. Different effect - also very nice!

Moon rising red on the horizon - seemed appropriate to take a picture of la Luna rising behind Luna, yes? This one was taken with the flash, which usually doesn't work well for far away shots - but it looks pretty good, actually. There is another one without flash which is different - and also pretty good.

I was racing against time while moving the shed and spreading out the gravel to level the area of the new boat shed - there was a winter storm on the way. I finished, and not a moment too soon, this is just as I finished.

She does look rough, but it doesn't stop her from being pretty!

I thought this made a funny picture - a Yankee 30 mountaineering!

The decks are being faired, and will be given a quick coat of paint for protection.

The glass top skin going on. Note that it wraps over the gunwale and down onto the hull - this will prevent any leaking at the hull-deck joint, and prevent water from being able to get at the core (the original design didn't protect the core very well)

The foredeck core in place, ready for fiberglassing. The port side deck has already been glassed.

The foredeck with core removed and solid backing being glued in place before re-coring

The starboard side deck with it's core removed and the solid parts installed, prior to the foam core going in.

Next

---

---